Celebrate National Blueberry Month

— Written By
en Español

El inglés es el idioma de control de esta página. En la medida en que haya algún conflicto entre la traducción al inglés y la traducción, el inglés prevalece.

Al hacer clic en el enlace de traducción se activa un servicio de traducción gratuito para convertir la página al español. Al igual que con cualquier traducción por Internet, la conversión no es sensible al contexto y puede que no traduzca el texto en su significado original. NC State Extension no garantiza la exactitud del texto traducido. Por favor, tenga en cuenta que algunas aplicaciones y/o servicios pueden no funcionar como se espera cuando se traducen.

English is the controlling language of this page. To the extent there is any conflict between the English text and the translation, English controls.

Clicking on the translation link activates a free translation service to convert the page to Spanish. As with any Internet translation, the conversion is not context-sensitive and may not translate the text to its original meaning. NC State Extension does not guarantee the accuracy of the translated text. Please note that some applications and/or services may not function as expected when translated.

Collapse ▲

blueberry box

National Blueberry Month starts on July 1 and I can’t wait to fix all the blueberry things! Blueberries are packed with antioxidants, vitamin C, and lots of potassium. They can help lower your risk of heart disease and are also anti-inflammatory. According to ncagr.gov, 75% of blueberries grown in North Carolina are sold fresh, while the other 25% is frozen. Stop at any of your local tailgate markets or produce stands to find a basket full of blueberries waiting for you. Here’s a recipe just in time for the 4th.

*Red, White, and Blue Fruit Burrito*

Makes 1 serving
Serving Size: 1 burrito


  • 2 tablespoons low-fat vanilla yogurt
  • 1 whole-wheat tortilla
  • 1/4 to 1/2 banana
  • 2 strawberries
  • 5 to 10 blueberries


  1. Wash hands and surfaces.
  2. Wash all fruit.
  3. Peel and slice banana. Slice strawberries.
  4. Place tortilla on plate. Spread yogurt over tortilla.
  5. Place fruit in the middle of the tortilla.
  6. Roll tortilla around filling.
  7. Refrigerate leftovers immediately.

Be sure to check out our Facebook page for blueberry recipes all month.